Workshop EnGendering Technology 2015
7-9 September 2015, Vilanova i la Geltrú, Spain
As Engendering Technology track at Interacción 2014, this workshop is focused on all the gender aspects of the technology domain. Main topics of interest include but are not limited to:
- Gender & Human Computer Interaction (HCI).
- Design for women, designing by women
- Gender & software engineering
- Gender issues in technology design
- Women inclusion in technologies
- Gender digital divide
- Gender & video games
- Gender & Information Technology
- Gender & Science and Technology
- Cultural & symbolic dimensions of ICT
- Changing relations between people and ICT
- Gender & user-centered design methodologies
- Gendered innovations in ICT
- Women, technology and power
- Best practices on Gender and ICT
- Mentoring and experiences for attracting women to ICT studies and professions
- Gender & Digital Security and risks
- Gender & IT inclusion policies and actions Important
Dates: Submission Deadline: April 8 Author Notification: May 13 Camera-ready papers due: May 27 Date of the workshop: To be confirmed Conferences dates: Sep 07-09, 2015 Guest Speaker: Els Rommes Els Rommes is assistant professor gender studies, pedagogy and ICT at the Institute for Gender Studies. Els Rommes studies the sociology of technology (especially ICTs) in society.
Program Committee: The program committee (PC) consists of a multidisciplinary, international team of active practitioners in the fields of HCI and Gender. The members of the PC are listed below in alphabetical order.
- Alex Hache (Colectivo Donestech)
- Barbara Biglia (Universitat Rovira i Virgili)
- Cristina Manresa-Yee (Department of Mathematics and Computer Science, University of Balearic Islands)
- Eva Cerezo (Department of Informatics and Systems Engineering, University of Zaragoza)
- Eva Cruells (Asociación Alia)
- Inmaculada Perdomo (Department of History and Philosophy of Science, IUEM, University of La Laguna)
- Lourdes Moreno (Computer Sciences, University Carlos III of Madrid)
- M. Antonia Huertas Sánchez (Department of IT, Multimedia and Telecommunication, Universitat Oberta de Catalunya)
- Norena Martin-Dorta (Dept. of Techniques and Projects in Engineering & Architecture, Cultural Chair of Women in Science and Engineering, University of La Laguna)
- Núria Vergés Bosch (Copolis, University of Barcelona)
- Patricia Paderewski (Department of Languages and Informatics Systems, University of Granada)
- Mireia Ribera (Universitat de Barcelona)
- Sandra Baldassarri (Department of Informatics and Systems Engineering, University of Zaragoza)
Invited Speaker: Els Rommes
Els Rommes is assistant professor gender studies, pedagogy and ICT at the Institute for Gender Studies. Els Rommes studies the sociology of technology (especially ICTs) in society. Her research interests and main publication areas include gender scripts and ITs, design methodologies, images of technology in the media, feminist e-learning and domestication of technologies. Contact:firstname.lastname@example.org Home Page: http://www.ru.nl/genderstudies/staff/senior-staff/vastestafleden-igs/rommes-mevr-dr-%28els%29/
Chairs: Ana M. González Ramos and Carina S. González González
Ana M. González Ramos, senior researcher at IN3 (Open University of Catalonia) and coordinator of the GENTIC, a research group focuses on the study of gender and information and communication technology (ICT). Her research interest includes international mobility, women careers, and the science and technology system.
Home Page:http://in3.uoc.edu/opencms_portalin3/opencms/en/investigadors/list/gonzale z_ramos_ana_m
Carina S. González González is associated professor at Computer Engineering School of University of La Laguna. Her main focus areas in research are related with human computer interaction (HCI), natural and adaptive interfaces, serious games and gamification in Education and gender in HCI. Also, she has a widely experience in elearning best practices and LMS systems.
Home Page: http://cjgonza.webs.ull.es
Program and ACM Proceedings
Date: Tuesday 8 th September 2015
11:00 a.m. 12:00 a.m. Room: SALA ACTES
Plenary Conference: Els Rommes. “Including Gender in the Interaction”
Session S11 Workshop EnGendering Technology (I). 12:00 a.m. 13:30 p.m. Room: AA207. Session Chair: Eva Cerezo
- Mayte Lozano, Raquel Trillo Lado, María Villarroya Gaudó, Ana Allueva Pinilla and Eva Cerezo. An ICT experience in Computer Women Role promotion: Wikinformática in Aragón. Promoting the use of Wiki tools and visualizing the role of women in ICT.
- Beatriz Revelles Benavente, Lidia Arroyo Prieto and Núria Vergés Bosch. Inclusion and promotion of women in technologies.[Presentation]
- Núria Vergés Bosch. Moving towards Accommodating Women with ICT: Paying Attention to Self‐inclusion Mechanisms.
Session S13 Workshop EnGendering Technology (II). 15:00 p.m. 16:30 p.m. Room: AA207 Session .Chair: Núria Vergés Bosch
- Elisenda Eva Espino Espino and Carina Soledad González González. Influence of Gender in Computational Thinking. [Infuencia del Género en el pensamiento computacional. Presentación]
- Adriana Gil‐Juárez, Joel Feliu, Montserrat Vall‐Llovera and Ester Conesa. Two meanings of technology in women technologists’ life stories joventic [Presentation].
- Patricia Paderewski, Maribel García Arenas, Rosa Gil Iranzo, Carina González González, Eva M. Ortigosa and Natalia Padilla‐Zea.Bringing closer women to engineering: projects and strategies that promote their inclusion. Acercando las mujeres a la ingeniería: iniciativas y estrategias que favorecen su inclusión [Presentación].